Getting into the school of your dreams can be a complicated process – even when it’s UNC Charlotte. To make life a little less complex, UNC Charlotte admissions counselors compiled this list of the top six tips to help prepare future students for their college-planning journey.
- Visit UNC Charlotte. What is the campus like? How many students are part of our Niner Nation community? Learn answers to these questions, along with other information, during your campus visit. We offer daily tours Monday through Friday at 2:00 PM, and most Saturdays at 10:00 AM. The visit will last approximately two hours and will include a presentation of admissions requirements and an hour-long tour of our campus led by a current UNC Charlotte student. Pre-registration is required.
- Meet with your school counselor to discuss your course schedule and review the college search process. Make sure you have the minimum high school course requirements necessary for admission.
- Apply early. We encourage students to complete their application for admission by our early admission deadline - October 15. Students whose applications are complete by October 15 are guaranteed a decision by December 15.
- Take and Retake the SAT/ACT. We encourage students to take both the SAT and ACT and to take at least one of the tests more than once. Students generally perform better on the tests once they are familiar with the format and testing procedures. There are several sources for SAT study courses and free practice exams that help students get an idea of the types of questions they will face during the test.
- Review the application deadlines and requirements. Pay special attention to any admissions and scholarship application deadlines. Create a Future 49er Web account to get on our mailing and email list for handy tips and reminders.
- Review your options for Financial Aid. Financial Aid at UNC Charlotte consists of grants, scholarships, loans and student employment. Last year, we awarded over $100 million in financial aid to approximately 13,000 students. We encourage you to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine any assistance which may be available. Be sure to enter the UNC Charlotte school code (002975) on the application.
Life at UNC Charlotte is full of possibilities. We have a vibrant, exciting campus nestled into one of America’s fastest growing cities, and our future is as bright as our students. Preparing for college can be stressful, but the rewards of obtaining a quality education are endless. Are you ready to Stake Your Claim at UNC Charlotte?