The Office of International Programs at UNC Charlotte announces the 2013 Great Decisions Lecture Series topics and speakers.
Coordinated nationally by the Foreign Policy Association, the Great Decisions program highlights relevant foreign policy issues. The Office of International Programs coordinates an annual lecture series for the Charlotte community in January and February to discuss those issues.
This year's speakers include:
- Dr. Kathryn Johnson from the Religious Studies department, who will discuss Iran on January 15;
- Dr. Justin Conrad from the Political Science department, who will discuss threat assessment on January 22;
- Jay Bryson from Wells Fargo, who will discuss the future of the Euro on January 29;
- Dr. Brett Tempest from the Civil and Environmental Engineering department and Dr. Eddy Souffrant from the Philosophy department, who will discuss humanitarian intervention on February 5;
- Dr. Ola Aborisade from the Africana Studies department, who will discuss China in Africa on February 12; and
- Gregory Starrett from the Anthropology department, who will discuss Egypt on February 19.
All lectures will be held in room 204 of UNC Charlotte's Center City building on Tuesday evenings at 6:30 PM. The events are free and open to the public, but registration is requested.